Monday, September 30, 2013

Kevin Henkes Author Study

Our first author study of the year is Kevin Henkes.  The kids love his stories, even though a few of his books are a bit long for the beginning of the year when attention spans are at their shortest.  My fellow pre-k teacher and I had a hard time finding activities that were appropriate for four and five year old kids who aren't reading and writing yet, so I created some activities on my own.  

Here are a few of the activities that we did: 
 

 A class book to go with Julius the Baby of the World

 A memory match game to go with the book Birds

 Cutting practice to go with Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse

 
A color by number to go with Lilly's Big Day

The pack I created comes with 15 pages of activities to use with preschool, pre-k, or kindergarten aged children.  It has activities to go with:
-Bailey Goes Camping
-Julius the Baby of the World
-Birds
-Lilly's Big Day
-Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse

It has a range of activities, including:
-Patterning
-Fishing (motor skills)
-Tracing on straight, curved, and diagonal lines
-Cutting on straight, curved, and diagonal lines
-A class book to display for parents
-Memory Game
-Color by Number (up to 5)

Let me know if there's a particular story you would like me to add to the pack or if there's a particular skill you would like me to create an activity for. 
To get the pack go my Teachers Pay Teachers page here.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment